Congratulations on the launch of your new lifestyle blog!
Blogging is an exciting journey, but we all hit a wall sometimes when it comes to generating lifestyle blog topics.
Constantly coming up with lifestyle blog post ideas can be tricky, but don’t worry – I’m here to help you out!
I’ve spent years blogging in all kinds of niches, and I consider myself a bit of a pro when it comes to brainstorming blog post topics!
In this post, you’ll find a treasure trove of over 100 lifestyle blog post ideas specifically tailored for 2023-24.
With these ideas, you’ll have a constant stream of fresh and engaging content to captivate your readers week after week.
The best part is that you can easily adapt these topics to reflect your unique perspective and style.
So, grab your trusty notebook and pen, pour yourself a cup of coffee, and let’s dive into a world of captivating lifestyle blog post ideas that will make your readers keep coming back for more!
100+ Lifestyle Blog Topics to Skyrocket Your Blog
Finding your lifestyle niche
Although ‘lifestyle’ is a niche in itself, it’s incredibly broad, and these days, you really have to zoom in on a specific thing in order for Google to notice your blog and bring you traffic (which is what we all want, right?).
If you want to build a successful lifestyle blog, it is far better to niche down and write about very closely-linked topics rather than having a general blog where you cover everything that could fall under the ‘lifestyle’ umbrella.
Lifestyle blogs can be about parenting, baking, sustainability, yoga, crafting, finance, fashion, wedding planning…the list goes on.
Whether you’re in the very early stages of starting a blog (such as choosing your lifestyle blog name), or if you’ve had a lifestyle blog for some time, it’s never too late to niche down and start tailoring your content to a very specific audience.
So, if you haven’t already, spend some time considering what your niche is going to be, because ‘lifestyle’ just ain’t going to cut it anymore.
Popular lifestyle blog topics
You might be wondering where to start, or how to find your place within the broader ‘lifestyle’ space.
It can certainly seem overwhelming at times!
Below are some popular niches within the larger lifestyle niche.
- Plus size fashion
- Saving money
- Working from home
- Interior design
- Event planning
- Wedding planning
- Book reviews
- Hygge lifestyle
- Slow living
- Family travel
- House plants
- Zero waste
- Vegan lifestyle
- Law of Attraction
- Intermittent fasting
- Student life
You get the gist – as a general rule, if it’s a hobby or interest of yours, it can become your lifestyle blog niche!
How to find lifestyle blog post ideas
Finding the perfect lifestyle blog post ideas that truly resonate with both you and your readers can be quite the challenge.
Believe me, I’ve been there.
I vividly recall the early days of my blogging journey, when my Travelling Jezebel blog revolved primarily around my backpacking adventures in Southeast Asia.
I treated my blog like a diary, and if I wasn’t travelling, I felt as though I didn’t have anything to write about.
Generating engaging blog post ideas seemed like an uphill battle.
Looking back, I realise that rather than writing about my adventures, I should have expanded my horizons and written content that would actually help my readers plan their own trips, but as they say, we learn from our mistakes!
These days, before I write anything, there’s one crucial question I always ask myself:
‘Is this blog post something that my readers really need? Will it answer a question, or solve a problem they have?’
If the answer is YES, then the next step I take is to use the Keysearch tool to find out if the topic is one that people are actually interested in (how many people are Googling the topic each month). If you don’t yet have a keyword research tool, then you may find my Keysearch review helpful.
Luckily, you don’t have to come up with anything yourself today, because I’ve done the work for you – below are my best lifestyle blog topics, sorted by category.
Over 100 lifestyle blog post ideas
Fashion and beauty lifestyle blog topics
- Reviewing a specific product e.g. mascara
- 5 ways to wear a scarf
- 10 items every woman should have in her closet
- Morning skincare routine
- Nighttime skincare routine
- How to look after curly hair
- Lipstick shades you need to be wearing this season
- Taking care of your skin during (insert season)
- Makeup hacks for busy moms
- Facemasks you can make at home
- DIY deep conditioning treatments
- Why you should switch to a natural deodorant
- How to build a capsule wardrobe
- How to create a ‘no makeup’ look
- What to wear for date night
- Beauty tips for dry/oily skin
Wellness and personal growth blog post ideas
- The perfect Sunday night routine
- Top productivity tips
- Ways to deal with stress
- Best self-care activities
- How to stay organised
- Top motivational quotes
- How to let go of negative thoughts and feelings
- How to fall asleep faster
- Best Monday morning routines
- Overcoming self-doubt
- Essential oils you love
- Creating a work/life balance
- How to stop comparing yourself to others
- How to use a bullet journal
- How to practice gratitude
- Time management tips
- Tips on learning a new language
Money blog post ideas
- Ways to save money
- FIRE (Financial Independence, Retire Early)
- How to spend less at the grocery store
- Top money-saving apps
- Best free things to do on weekends
- Best side hustles
- A beginner’s guide to investing
- How to create a budget
- How to file your own taxes
- What to look for in a good accountant
- Habits of successful people
- How to make money online
- Things you need to stop wasting money on right now
- An introduction to matched betting
- An introduction to bonds
Family and parenting blog post ideas
- Self-care for busy moms
- Easy workouts for busy moms
- Easy family dinners and meal planning
- How to have the ultimate family games night
- Mindfulness activities for kids
- Printable chores lists for kids
- How to prepare for first-time motherhood
- Must-have items for new moms
- Baby shower gift ideas
- Best maternity dresses
- Tips for potty training success
- An introduction to homeschooling
- Stay at home mom morning routine
- Stay at home mom outfits
- Tips for working moms
- Travelling with toddlers
Health and fitness blog post ideas
- 10 ways to live a healthy lifestyle
- 30 day clean-eating challenge
- Healthy lunches to take to work
- Daily fitness routine
- 10 healthy foods to eat daily
- How to maintain a healthy lifestyle while pregnant
- Easy workouts you can do at home
- Workouts over 50
- Running tips for beginners
- How to eat healthy on a budget
- Tips for intermittent fasting
Home and garden blog post ideas
- Home décor tips for (insert season)
- Laundry tips for beginners
- Kitchen essentials you can’t live without
- How to create a hygge atmosphere in your home
- How to embrace minimalism in your home
- An introduction to cottagecore
- How to create a cosy reading corner in your home
- Best eco-friendly cleaning products
- How to declutter your home
- Easy house plants to take care of
- How to organise your closet
- How to organise your pantry
- Starting a herb garden
- Starting a vegetable garden
- Creating beautiful flower beds
- Tips for spring cleaning
- Organising your home office
- Home office essentials
- Tips for downsizing
Relationships blog post ideas
- Date night ideas
- Frugal date ideas
- How to write the perfect dating profile
- How to make a good impression on a first date
- First date conversation starters
- How to beat jealousy in a relationship
- How to deal with conflict in your family
- How to communicate effectively with your partner
- How to be there for a grieving friend
- Habits of happy couples
- Love languages
- Tips for long distance relationships
- Overcoming infidelity
- Wedding shower gift ideas
- How to make friends as an adult
- Date ideas for busy parents
- Date ideas for non-drinkers
- Wedding planning tips
Food and drink blog post ideas
- Essential cocktail recipes you need to know
- Bento box ideas
- Creating the perfect charcuterie board
- Batch cooking
- Easy salad dressings to make
- Favourite smoothie recipes
- Refreshing summer drinks
- Store cupboard essentials
- Slow-cooker recipes
- An introduction to foraging
- Restaurant reviews
- Food subscription box/meal kit reviews
- Recipe posts
- How to eat out on a budget
- Best low calorie snacks
- Quick and easy pasta recipes
- Easy dessert ideas
Brainstorming lifestyle blog post ideas!
While this list should definitely have given you a few ideas, it’s important to know how to come up with your own blog post ideas if you’re going to be a successful blogger and keep writer’s block at bay!
Here are some of my best tips for finding lifestyle blog post ideas:
- Use the seasons – For example, best dresses for summer, spring, autumn, and winter.
- Take notice of what’s happening in the world – is Valentine’s Day coming up? Perhaps it’s Spooky Season, or International Women’s Day. Tailor your content to what’s happening in the world around you.
- Be obsessed with your niche – Keep an eye on updates with your niche. If you blog about makeup, be sure to stay up to date with the latest product releases that you can review and talk to your readers about.
- Think about your audience’s problems – What problems do you have the answers to? Maybe you know the best serums for dry skin, or money saving hacks for single moms? Always be thinking about what your audience needs from you.
- Keep an eye on the competition – What are your competitors writing about? Can you write about the same thing, but make it better?
- Find inspiration on Pinterest – type a category or keyword into Pinterest, and see what comes up – you may be surprised!
Lifestyle Blog Topics | Final Thoughts
In conclusion, coming up with engaging lifestyle blog topics doesn’t have to be a daunting task.
With a little creativity, inspiration, and strategic thinking, you can come up with a plethora of ideas to keep your blog content fresh and engaging.
Remember to tap into your own experiences, passions, and unique perspective to create content that resonates with both you and your readers. Don’t be afraid to niche down within the lifestyle genre – being a big fish in a small pond is far more lucrative than being a small fish in a big pond when it comes to blogging!
Most importantly, enjoy the process!
Blogging is an opportunity to express yourself, share your knowledge, and connect with people who love the same things that you do – I could talk about the advantages of blogging for days!
Embrace the journey of brainstorming and creating lifestyle blog posts that reflect your authentic voice and style.
I hope that this post has helped you break out of your creative block, and as always, if you have any questions then don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below and I will do my best to help!
You may also be interested in my FREE blogging bootcamp, an immersive 5-day email challenge that will get you on the right track to making money from your blog – sign up below if this sounds good to you.